Wednesday, July 26, 2017

How to spend a wet day in Montreal

The music came to an end at 11.30 last night. Perhaps there was a Sunday night curfew. I was pleased as it wasn't easy listening. That and a few noisy neighbors meant a fairly wakeful night and I was surprised when I finally woke it was 10.13. I had missed breakfast which I could cope with. It was also raining. Once outside I realized how heavily and revised my plans. Seeing Montreal from the top of mont royal today wasn't going to happen. I found a shopping mall and after a few minutes decided to  head back to notre dame as today it was open. Spectacular and I am not just saying that cos it was nice and dry and warm.  After spending some time there admiring the huge pipe organ, intricate paintings and engraving  (wood rather than marble) I hoped to have a tour inside hotel villa. Gave up on a two hour wait. Had a snooze at the hotel and wandered around looking for dinner. Had carrot sticks and humus and then found an Indian that served quite good malai kofta. It was a nice relaxing day for a tired tourist.

No comments: