Saturday, July 22, 2017

Arrival in Montreal

I am lying on my backpacker bed after a couple of reasonably tiring days. Left Wellington late as the storm was playing havoc with other airports. "If you are walking out on the tarmac hold tightly on to your things" said a pleasant voice as I waited for the call.  "We'll have to go fast" said the cabin crew member when he found out a number of us had connections. We raced across to the international airport, through deep puddles and scattered rain drops. Filled out the departure card asked if I could bypass the queue and walked along the concourse. "3 minutes" to the gate said the sign and then  5 minutes"said a later sign. There must be a saying about running faster but getting further away. "Perfect" said the security guard as he looked at my photo then me. I replied "well almost" but being told that at 60 aint half bad.  Plane ride was long and sleepless. The healtheries tablets to improve sleep on planes didn't seem to help. I watched United Kingdom  (great film ) and the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel which I appreciated a lot more since being in India. Aaron picked me up then we picked Sharon up returning her to the airport. We wandered round the harbor had a burger by the water front after walking on grass in bare feet to help get over jet lag. According to Aaron this is also in Die Hard, so it must be true. By the time we got back to the apartment  I was expecting to be shot and the having to run across glass going 'ouch' before the night was finished. The trip to Montreal went ok. Long queue through security but that was  manageable. After throwing bags into my room headed off to find somewhere for dinner where I sat and planned tomorrow. The hotel is in the middle of festival town (I counted four as  I walked along) so could be a noisy night.





No comments: