Saturday, October 30, 2010

Eastbourne

This weekend had nothing planned so I got hold of Rebecca and organised to spend the day with her and Nylan. They wanted to to go and play Pooh sticks at the bridge that the 'Winnie the Pooh' stories made famous. I had never played Pooh sticks as I wasn't into 'Winnie the Pooh', It was Denise who came up with the plan as she wanted to show me how to do it since I hadn't played it before.
The kids had decided this was what they wanted to do as it wasn't easy for them to get there without a car, I will have to do it again as Denise still wants to visit the bridge.
We took our own supply of sticks as any information that I read about said that the area is very popular and  you will struggle to find many sticks in the area of the bridge to play Pooh sticks.
After numerous games of Pooh sticks we headed off to Eastbourne for a picnic lunch, enjoyed a walk along the Eastbourne promenade and then headed back to London for tea and then back to Bristol.

No comments: