Sunday, September 1, 2019

Isalo National Park


Today we went for a walk in Isalo National Park.  Different to our rain forest walks this was in more desert like surroundings.  Majestic landscapes enjoyed by ring tail lemurs, scorpions,  stick insects, snakes and a number of skeletons buried in rock caves - so high up a rock climber or abseiler would be needed to ensure the dead rest in peace. 

It was hot and the guide stopped a lot in the sunshine telling us lots of things I didn't absorb. I looked for shade every time and eventually put up my umbrella much to others amusement and later their envy.

I decided not to do the afternoon walk through the canyon. I felt like some "me" time. Harry enjoyed the walk but some how I think I enjoyed the swim and relax more.  He said it reminded him of the bush at home and was cool after the morning hill climb.  The most energetic thing I did all day was get up and move the deck chair further into the shade as the sun moved slowly westward.











No comments: