Sunday, February 19, 2012

Owhiro Bay

It was another quiet weekend - a bit of gardening and tidying up and while the rest of the city was enjoying the Chinese New Year celebrations and the Island Bay festival Harry went to work at the port for a couple of hours and I went and had a walk and sit at Owhiro Bay (where I forgot the sunblock and needed it for the first time in a few weeks). Owhiro Bay is home to the Taputeranga Marine Reserve and it was quite entertaining to see the seaweed skipping the surf and wonder what else was under that water.  So, what did I miss...over 180 fish types of fish, about 420 types of seaweed, lots of invertebrates like crabs, starfish and rock lobsters and in the evening there are little blue penguins as well.  No wonder I like it so much.
This must be one of the shortest blogs I've ever written.




No comments: